Yayasan Sime Darby (YSD) is happy to announce that the YSD Pre-University Scholarship Leading to Undergraduate Studies At A Top Global University Programme is now open for applications from 16th to 30th June 2022!
We would like to invite qualified SPM 2021 school leavers to apply for this excellence scholarship to pursue pre-university studies locally, leading to studies at a top global university.
Yayasan Sime Darby invites qualified school leavers to apply for an excellence scholarship to pursue pre-university studies locally, leading to a top global university.
1. Eligibility Requirements
- Age 18 years old or below.
- Minimum result of 7 As (A+ and A only) for SPM 2021; or other equivalent school qualifications.
- Total monthly gross household income of RM11,000 and below.
- Strong leadership qualities through various leadership positions in school, national and/or global competitions and/or sporting events.
- Active participation in community service.
2. Accepted Fields of Study
Business / Social Science related courses:
- Accounting & Finance
- Business & Management Studies
- Psychology / Human Resource
- Digital Marketing
- Communication / Media
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Engineering and Technology related courses:
- Architecture & Built Environment
- Real Estate & Property Management
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering / Mechatronic (Robotic)
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology / Data Science / Drone
Science / Agriculture related courses:
- Plantation Management
- Biological / Natural Sciences
3. Accepted Universities*
2-year Cambridge A-Level Programme (pre-university) at Kolej Tuanku Ja’afar (KTJ), leading to undergraduate studies at a top global university.
Note: Students’ pre-university admission will be arranged by YSD.
4. Value of Scholarship
The full scholarship includes tuition fees, board and lodging, a computer allowance, shipping allowance, clothing allowance and flight tickets at the beginning and end of studies.
Scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to undergo YSD THRIVE – Future Leaders, a comprehensive learning experience for YSD scholars towards producing high quality and well-rounded graduates. This programme offers tailored soft skills training, access to an e-learning platform, volunteering opportunities, mentorship and internships at a Sime Darby Company i.e. Sime Darby Berhad, Sime Darby Plantation Berhad and/or Sime Darby Property Berhad.
Note: Scholarship monies will be disbursed upon execution of scholarship agreement.
5. Service Bond Period
6 years at a Sime Darby Company upon completion of studies.
Scholarship application is now open.
(*) terms and conditions apply